Sunday, March 24, 2013

5 way camera comparison - 3 tablets, 1 iPhone and 1 iPod touch

Even before I did this comparison, I've always found that the quality of images from iOS devices tend to be better than those of other manufacturers. This has been true since the original iPhone, and seems to still be the case today. Having said that, I don't have a Samsung Galaxy device at all to test, nor do I have access to the latest and greatest HTC One or Nokia Lumia 920.

Please excuse the first group of images exceeding the bounds of the blog post margins, but I think proper image comparisons really need the images to be big. My take away from this comparison are:

  • The iPod Touch 5Gen, iPad Mini and iPad 3 are equivalent in image quality;
  • iPhone 4S beats everything in this line up;
  • If Apple ever makes a Galaxy Camera type device with real camera optics and iOS as the UI, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
  • The poor transformer TF300 didn't stand a chance against this group.


 iPhone 4S
iPod Touch 
iPad Mini
iPad 3
Transformer TF300
iPhone 4S
iPod Touch
iPad Mini
iPad 3
Transformer TF300
iPhone 4S
iPod Touch
iPad Mini

iPad 3
Transformer TF300

No comments: